Sunday, November 21, 2010

Ornaments: snowflakes and stars





I mentioned before that I rarely hunt down patterns when I make crafty things.  It's true.  When I am making something that really needs some kind of pattern, I may quickly draw one up, loosely, or like here, I just find something that I can work with.  In this case you may have already guessed it - cookie cutters!  I just selected some shapes that I liked, traced them onto the back of the felt, did the embroidery freehand, cut them out and stitched them together.  See how the same shape can give different results?  And this is just 2 examples of 2 shapes.  The possibilities are absolutely endless!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Shannon!! These are just darling!! You are one creative gal! What special gifts - they are sure to become among your family's fondest memories. Want to adopt me???

    ReplyDelete