Sunday, November 28, 2010

Getting Crafty for a Birthday




Yep, it's been just about a year since my little Red was born!  Modern Domestic Sewing Studio was offering a holiday banner workshop for something very similar to this.  I couldn't make it any of the days, and after I kept trying to figure out how to rearrange my schedule, I looked at it and thought to myself "why am I overthinking that" it's easy, so I just did it myself.  Thanks in part to my fabulous husband who took a file to work that I made and cut out some stencils on his shop's fancy I-cut.  It's very simple, I used interweave to attach fabric to felt, and then used the stencils to cut out the shapes, and simply ironed the layers together, cut some holes and strung it together with some fancy cord.  I love this, and look forward to pulling it out every year as long as she lets me!  I would really like to take a class at Modern Domestic, and would highly recommend them to anyone who is interested, so I will have to keep my eyes on their website!

1 comment: