Monday, November 29, 2010

Ornaments: Peace and Love

What more can you ask for than peace and love?!  Not much in my book.  As I listen to Scarlett saying "mamamama" in her crib to try and get out of her one nap of the day, I feel amazingly blessed to have plenty of both in my life, even while there needs to be more of both in the rest of the world.  The last ornaments on my list are now complete, and I feel it's pretty appropriate to have doves for Wes' grandmas and a heart with "paperdoll" children for my mom.





The doves, one with flower wings and the other with gentle snowflakes, seems very apt for two women who are pretty peaceful beings.  I almost wish I made these first, because if I had, everyone may have gotten them.  So simple, and so great in the end.

My mom does most everything with a good intention (and even of her ornery things).  Her heart is huge and in the center of it are her grandkids.  So here they are, 2 little girls and 1 little boy!  I suppose I could have rearranged them to be her children, also 2 girls and 1 boy, but I'll let her say they are whatever she wants them to be, maybe they just represent both.

Ah, I'm feeling mighty proud of myself for getting these all done before December 1.  Yes, I'm one of those crazy people who are usually done shopping in general now.  More than avoiding the stress, I prefer to shop early so that I choose gifts for people that really make me think of them, perhaps that they will even find useful and not just end up on a shelf or in a drawer.  That's my deal, and now I get to relax and enjoy the month!


Have a great winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment